November 19, 2002
GENDER SECURITY


Okay, so a bunch of webloggers took this test -- one of those online quizzes that’s designed to reveal this or that about the test taker, most of them, as you probably know, deal with various elements of human psychology -- and shared their results.


This particular test, called The Gender Test, from Spark, apparently is designed to determine whether the test-taker is a man or a woman based on a series of seemingly irrelevant questions.


According to results collected by Jeanne D’Arc of Body & Soul, the test’s accuracy is decidedly mixed.


Anyway, I thought, what the hell, I’ll take the test too.


It turns out I’m a man. The results say so, “with 86 percent accuracy.”


Glad that’s settled.


I wonder what, if anything, I would have written about this had the results turned out differently.


I guess we’ll never know.

0 comments :

Post a Comment