July 21, 2003
A JAZZY COINCIDENCE


Here’s the latest coincidence to come along and smack me across the face.


Last week I was checking the links of the sidebar at left, checking for accuracy, looking for stale or changed URLs, and so forth, and I happened to linger at the web site of Philadelphia’s Clef Club. I noted at the time that the club is on S. Broad St., a/k/a the Avenue of the Arts (though no one calls it that), but I couldn’t quite place it in terms of the cross street.


Then, a few days later, I was taking a cab to Center City West and we passed . . . the Clef Club. So now I know where it is.


Soon after, I received word of an upcoming event at the Clef Club, the August 15-16 appearances of the Freddie Hubbard Quintet, led by the legendary jazz trumpet player, Freddie Hubbard.


I hear you can get tickets to both of the band’s Friday night sets for the price of one at
The Urban Sound.


Sounds cool. Just like the coincidence.

0 comments :

Post a Comment