June 20, 2005
NOT AN EARLY ADOPTER


There was but a brief period in my life when I might have been considered an “early adopter,” a stretch roughly running from January 2000 to September 2001 during which, for example, I was one of the first people to buy a Palm VII.


That was quite a while ago, and I’ve since retreated to my customary ways.


I’m happy with that. Very secure. I don’t need everything or every new thing. It’s okay.


Or I thought it was, until I read this:


“The Queen loves music and was impressed by how small and handy the iPod is,” a royal insider told the London Sun on Friday.


“Obviously it is quite complicated to download songs, but I’m sure one of the courtiers will do it for her.”


When QEII beats you to the punch, the battle has been lost.

0 comments :

Post a Comment