June 09, 2006
ONE OFF


I was with some friends earlier this evening, two of whom regularly play the Pennsylvania Lottery's daily numbers, three-digit and four-digit.


We watched the evening drawing, just before 7 p.m., and the afternoon's four-digit number today turned out to be 1-4-5-2.


Neither had the number, but I thought this response, from my friend Kathy, who plays a number related to her ex boyfriend, was worthy of blogging: "I had 1-4-5-3! Jimmy's address was 1453. Why the hell didn't he buy the house across the street?!"


[Post-publication addendum (June 11): I know the question you're asking, having read the above. "Why is Kathy playing a number so closely entwined with her ex?" I admit I was harboring the same question, which was posed to her yesterday. Without missing a beat, Kathy said, about her ex, and I'm paraphrasing: "He plays that number every day. There's no way I'm going to let him win the lottery without me doing the same!"]

0 comments :

Post a Comment