November 29, 2006
ME TALK FUNNY ONE DAY


I guess I do have some sort of an accent.


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Philadelphia
The Inland North
The Midland
The South
Boston
The West
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


True that.


(Note: First saw this test over at Plucky Punk's Happy Land.)


[Post-publication addendum: By "Me Talk Funny One Day," an obvious (I would think) reference to David Sedaris, I meant to indicate, but failed to, that I was surprised to see how much the test thinks I speak like a Philadelphian, because I assure you, and myself, I certainly do not. I don't even call this city "Philly." The word makes me cringe. And that statue atop City Hall? That's William Penn, not, ugh, "Billy."]

0 comments :

Post a Comment