September 15, 2003
COUNT ME OUT, YOKO


Count me out of your “performance art” piece planned for Paris today, Yoko Ono.


The Philadelphia Inquirer reports:


Yoko Ono could end up stark naked on a Paris stage today as she performs her one-woman art show “Cut Piece,” in which members of the audience cut off pieces of her clothing. Ono, 70, who accompanied husband John Lennon in numerous controversial antiwar campaigns, first performed “Cut Piece” in 1964 in Japan, as a protest for peace. At the end, she stood naked before her audience.


Okay, yeah, but that was almost 40 years ago.


Always there with the bon mot, even if it doesn’t make much sense, Ono adds: “When I first performed this work . . . I did it with some anger and turbulence in my heart. . . . This time, I do it with love for you, for me, and for the world.”

0 comments :

Post a Comment