December 09, 2002
ONE OF THESE DAYS


One day, before I die, I swear to you I will create a product or service perceived as so essential that 95 percent or more of the people on this planet will say they need it, require it, and cannot live or function without it.


And I will be so obnoxious, so arrogant, and so conceited that the product or service that I create will nonetheless be trash, garbage, junk, unreliable, woefully defective, wholly deficient, and indeed, a veritable piece of crap.


And despite the fact that the product or service that I have created is trash, garbage, junk, unreliable, woefully defective, wholly deficient, and indeed, a veritable piece of crap, I will be laughing all the way to the bank as I sit at my desk, counting my millions, mocking legislators and regulators from across the globe, all the while rocking to and fro on my seat like some kind of lunatic.


And yet you, the collective you, will worship me as some kind of genius.




[Note: This article was published earlier today at, and transferred from, The Rittenhouse Review.]

0 comments :

Post a Comment