March 30, 2003
IT'S ALL IN WHO YOU KNOW: JILL DeVONYER


"It's all in who [sic] you know," they say. I couldn't agree more, though I might add, sometimes it's all in who [sic] you know of.


Yesterday my brother and I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art to see the exhibition, "Dégas and the Dance."


While visiting the Dégas galleries I saw a face that was familiar to me, that of Jill DeVonyer, curator of the exhibition.


No, I don't know DeVonyer personally, but I know what she looks like. Meanwhile, the voice of the woman whose face I recognized was providing running commentary on Dégas through the headsets that are given to all visitors to the show, confirming my initial impression.


Needless to say, my brother and I stayed close to DeVonyer, without, of course, drawing attention to ourselves, appreciating the insightful commentary she offered to her guest.


DeVonyer's guest, by the way, needs both a haircut and a shave.

0 comments :

Post a Comment