May 16, 2003
MY FIRST "FRIDAY FIVE"


I've never done a "Friday Five" before, but what the hell, it's a slow afternoon, so let's give it a shot.


1. What drinking water do you prefer -- tap, bottle, purifier, etc.?


Tap water run through a Brita filter. I became a Brita convert only earlier this year. I'll never go back, despite the resulting chlorine deficiency that has caused a major neurological disturbance.


2. What are [sic] your favorite flavor of chips?


Just the regular old kind, though once in a while I get a hankering for salt-and-vinegar chips.


3. Of all the things you can cook, what [sic] dish do you like the most?


Chicken cutlets, egged and breaded, laced with Romano cheese, and pan fried in olive oil.


4. How do you have your eggs?


Usually scrambled, with either bacon or roast beef hash (As reader L.M. once put it, "I heart Mary Kitchen Roast Beef Hash."), though I'll admit you'll win my heart forever with a simple, unadorned egg-salad sandwich made with Miracle Whip and the softest white bread you can find.


5. Who was the last person who cooked you a meal? How did it turn out?


Greg. I can't remember what it was, but if it was that pasta dish he created out of thin air -- garlic, black olives, garlic, artichoke hearts, and more garlic, in a cream sauce -- it turned out very well. I was pretty impressed.

0 comments :

Post a Comment