October 02, 2003
BRUSH UP ON YOUR GERMAN


I’ve been trying to brush up on my German lately by, among other things, listening regularly to programming distributed over the web by Deutsche Welle.


If you can understand some German, or even have had just a little exposure to the language, I highly recommend dropping by over there. You’ll hear the hochest of hoch Deutsch, as the broadcasts are read by Germans with voices possessing incomparable clarity, tone, and inflection. It’s almost creepy how good they are.


The best place to start, I think, is at the “audio on demand” page.


Oh, and if you’re for in the mood for an “old Europe” view of the world, you can also listen to and read Deutsche Welle’s programming in English and 29 other languages.


My only question: What’s that annoying music-box like tune playing in the background?

0 comments :

Post a Comment