August 14, 2005
OVERHEARD: SOUTH STREET


Overheard earlier this week at the KFC/Taco Bell on South Street, Philadelphia, a conversation between a twentyish man at one table and a twenty-something woman at another:


Twentyish Man: "Yo, you need some green?"


Twenty-something Woman: "What?"


Twentyish Man: "You need green?"


Twenty-something Woman: "Money? Do I need cash?"


Twentyish Man: "No, girl, green."


Twenty-something Woman: "Huh?"


Twentyish Man: "Green. Green, girl."


Twenty-something Woman: "What are you talking about?"


Twentyish Man: "I got some awesome green. And X. Coke. Blow."


Twenty-something Woman: "Uh, no. I think I'm okay."


I didn't catch on any more quickly than she did, but then again, I don't expect to encounter drug dealers when I'm eating a pair of Double-Decker Tacos.

0 comments :

Post a Comment