June 20, 2006
MORE FANNY BUSINESS


The first fan I bought wasn't good enough, so I bought another one, and that without realizing the appliance was again a production of The Holmes Group Inc.


That's okay, though, since the second fan goes by the brand name of "Blizzard." It's a four-speed, remote-controlled, oscillating fan, and it really blows, in a good way.


Yet just as with the "twin window fan, with thermostat" to which I referred in the previous post, I encountered problems, or troubles, or difficulties, or at least a bit of anxiety when I read the "owner's guide," to wit:


ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS


Your Table Fan comes completely assembled and is ready for immediate use. Carefully unpack your fan, read the instructions completely, plug it in and enjoy!


I get that, and it proved to be true. Imagine, then, my confusion upon reading this:


CLEANING/MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS


Always unplug the fan before cleaning or disassembling.


If the fan comes fully assembled, for what reason might one disassemble it?

0 comments :

Post a Comment